CODE OF ETHICS
WE HOLD OURSELVES TO A HIGHER STANDARD
The buying, selling, ownership, and management of real estate are highly regulated segments of the free enterprise system in the United States of America. As such, members of the Las Vegas Real Estate Investment Association (REIA Las Vegas) must treat this enterprise with the utmost professionalism.
REIA Las Vegas members desire to expand their knowledge of real estate investing and management. In order to pursue these activities in a legal and ethical manner, all members of REIA Las Vegas will be held to a higher standard of ethical behavior. This includes, but is not limited to, the following list of behaviors.
Members of REIA Las Vegas will:
- Conduct themselves professionally, with the highest level of integrity.
- Accurately with high integrity represent material facts in their business dealings.
- Comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, including housing code standards for health, safety and habitability.
- Complete their own due diligence (research) in all business dealings and will encourage others to do the same
- Not place themselves in such a position where their interests may be in conflict, or appear to be in conflict, with the good of REIA Las Vegas.
- Act as a positive role model for the professions of Real Estate Investing and Housing Providers when dealing with tenants, the public, the media, government officials, and all others.
- Not make any unauthorized representations to the public, press or media with regards to REIA Las Vegas’s position on any matter without the written approval of the Executive Committee.
- Promote REIA Las Vegas in its positive image within the community, and to aid and assist in its growth.
- Not use the REIA Las Vegas logo, or other identification material or slogans, without the express written permission of the Executive Committee.
Those who want REIA Las Vegas to take action against a member for what they perceive to be unethical behavior must present their case to the Executive Committee in writing. The Executive Committee may then impose sanctions that may include suspension or permanent expulsion from REIA Las Vegas.
BY JOINING REIA LAS VEGAS, MEMBERS AGREE TO ABIDE BY THIS CODE OF ETHICS
The Real Estate Investors Association of Las Vegas does not endorse any person(s) or organization(s). Its programs are designed to be educational, motivational, and enjoyable. (Remember, speakers primarily discuss techniques and methods that work for them.) Whenever actions involving purchases, sales, or tenant relations are being considered, rely upon the advice of your real estate professionals – your accountant, attorney, or other professional. Always seek competent legal and tax advice concerning your specific situation.